Do you work in a hospital for 8 to 10 hours of job shift & are looking for the best shoes for male nurses? Or are you a healthcare professional who is experiencing foot discomfort due to prolonged standing while wearing low-quality sneakers? Or maybe it is the rigorous running in the emergency rooms causing you pain in the lower limbs?
Then, don’t worry! Our team has got you covered. We guarantee that this is the right place where you will find all the guidelines about the right footwear that matches your job needs.
Key Features of the Best Shoes for Male Nurses
Medical practitioners have a very tough job routine where they have to stand for extended hours in the operating room during surgery. Hence, this can take a toll on your feet. So, the following are the key characteristics that your shoes must have:
Standing posture puts a lot of load on your foot. This pressure can ruin your heels, ankles, and arches. In case you are a dental surgeon fixing the problems of your patient’s teeth, it all demands good foamy padding to safeguard your foot health.
To attend to multiple patients, nurses have to run from one room to another. But due to constant cleaning and sanitation, the floor remains wet. Hence, hospital shoes are anti-skid having a good grip.
Easy to Clean:
Blood droplets, medicinal fluids, or hypotonic solutions can spill on your shoe accidentally while working in the hospital. Hence, male nurse’s shoes have water-resistant outer bodies, to keep your foot dry.
List of Best Shoes for Male Nurses
- New Balance Men’s Mx608v4
- Clarks Men’s Cotrell Free Loafer
- Rockport Men’s Chranson Walking Shoe
- Nike Men’s Downshifter 9 Running Shoe
- Nike Men’s Air Monarch IV Cross Trainer
- ASICS Men’s Gel-Resolution 8 Tennis Shoes
- Brooks Men’s Addiction Walker Walking Shoes
- K-Swiss Men’s Hyper Court Express 2 Tennis Shoe
- Skechers Work Relaxed Fit Felton Slip Resistant Shoe
- Shoes for Crews Men’s Freestyle Black Non-Slip Shoes
Our Top Favorite Picks
New Balance Athletic Shoe, Inc. Has manufactured an amazing design for male nurses. It’s called Men’s Mx608v4. This is an imported product with an anti-slip rubber bottom sole. Thus, it protects your knees from any falling accidents or injuries.
It is available in the following range of shades grey lime, light blue, brown, royal white, black, universal camo print, white silver, black orangish, etc., The best part is that the bottom sole leaves no marks on wooden floors while walking or playing sports on wooden floors.
The absorb cushioning technology in the rearfoot helps in absorbing all the high-impact heel striking. An optimal amount of heel-to-toe drop in this shoe provides support for flat feet and Achilles tendonitis issues. The lightweight EVA midsole offers good balance & stability to the shoe. The internal shanks provide firm structuring to the shape of the footwear.
- Imported sneaker
- Weighs 12.2 ounces
- Non-marking outsole
- Slip-resistant rubber outsole
- Available in 15 different colors
- Durable pure leather outer body
- Abzorb cushioning in the heel for comfort
- 10 mm heel to toe drop helps in less heel striking
- Features Injection molded lightweight ethylene vinyl acetate midsole
- Internal shank sandwiched between the in & outsole to provide support
Clarks has been working on the vision to produce the most comfortable shoes for male nurses. For this purpose, it has designed men’s Cotrell free loafer. This footwear model is available in the following formal colors black Oily Leather, tobacco Leather, black smooth leather, brown tobacco leather, etc.,
It has an EVA outsole which is softer than rubber material & provides high elasticity to the shoe. It has a good heel height; hence it provides elevation to your body height. It also helps to keep the foot above the ground to safeguard its health.
The company uses a combination of leather plus textile raw materials to add durability & enhanced breathability to the shoe structure. Moreover, it contains an Ortholite footbed that helps in sucking away all the sweat from the foot, thus keeping it dry & healthy. The cushion soft technology helps in minimizing the shock impacts while running.
- Imported shoe
- Weighs 11 ounces
- Softer & flexible EVA outsole
- Available in 5 different colors
- Heel Height measures 1.57 inches
- Pure leather plus textile-based outer body
- Ortholite footbed for moisture management
- Cushion Soft technology for shock absorption
Rockport has crafted an iconic shoe for male nurses. It’s called men’s Chranson walking shoe. It has an ultra-lightweight synthetic-based bottom sole that offers a wrinkle-free & strain-resistant property to the footwear.
The leather nubucks-based exterior body gives enhanced durability and water resistance, especially in rainy weather. However, not just from the outside but also from the inside, this sneaker has TruTech foamy padding that provides premium quality shock absorption capacity to the rear and front foot.
The top body has a zig-zag lacing system that gives good grip and snug to your ankles and the overall foot. Since loose shoe fitting increases the chances of slipping or twisting accidents. The company designers have made the shoe’s inner body by using fabric and mesh lining. This helps in increasing the overall airflow in the foot space. Hence, no sweat or smell will build up.
- Imported sneaker
- Weighs 13 Ounces
- Lightweight synthetic outsole
- Pure leather-based exterior body
- Heel height measures around 1.25″
- Available in 2 different colors (Black & Brown)
- Rubber outsole anti-slip properties on multiple terrains
- Adjustable lace closure mechanism to provide good fitting to shoe
- Genuine leather nubuck provides increased breathability & durability
- TruTECH feature offers maximum shock absorption & heel cushioning
- Textile based footbed & mesh lining improves air ventilation in foot space
Nike has launched an amazing shoe for healthcare professionals called a men’s downshifter 9 running shoe. This footwear model is available in multiple colors that include cool grey, metallic silver, wolf grey, black & white, pure black, deep royal blue, university red & white, gym red & black, midnight navy blue, atmosphere grey/topaz mist – blue force, etc.,
The company has manufactured the outer structure body using a combination of two raw materials i.e., textile & synthetic. Hence, these ingredients allow the shoe to enjoy accelerated breathability and stretchability during running.
It is an imported commodity with a rubber bottom sole, that safeguards your joints and ligaments from slip or falling accidents. The shoe footbed has a full-length phylon midsole that offers the highest standard of cushioning to absorb high-impact shocks. Moreover, it contains flex grooves that help in holding the ground with good grip; without slipping.
- Weighs 7 ounces
- Available in 13 different colors
- Textile & synthetic based outer body
- Imported sneaker with durable rubber sole
- Zero-sew midfoot saddle gives support & stability
- Full-length phylon midsole provides long-lasting & soft cushioning
- Lightweight open mesh at the forefoot to provide enhanced breathability
- Textured flex grooves on the outsole give maximum traction & grip for a natural stride
Nike Men’s Air Monarch IV Cross Trainer is undoubtedly one the most comfortable shoes for long hours standing work shifts in clinics. This shoe article is available in a lot of colors that include white/metallic silver, black, black/black-white-racer blue, white/cool grey/anthracite, white/navy blue, white/black varsity red, etc.,
This is hand-crafted footwear that contains a heel pull tab at its backside to provide easier putting on & off the shoe. The perforation or meshy body aids in a good amount of air entering into the foot space. Thus, this helps in drying out all the perspiration droplets from your foot’s surface.
Moreover, this sneaker features a foam phylon midsole coupled with encapsulated air sole unit. It distributes the body weight all over the foot space and lessens the pressure felt by the lower limbs. The synthetic rubber sole provides the optimal friction to the shoe to prevent it from skidding on wet or oily surfaces. Last but not the least, the leather overlays add a stylish and trendy touch to the footwear.
- Weighs 15 ounces
- Available in 11 different colors
- Man-made & imported sneaker
- The shoe heel pull tab provides a smoother slide in
- Perforations or mesh body provides good airflow
- Durable & flexible synthetic rubber sole for good traction
- Leather upper features overlays enhanced look & support
- Mesh shoe tongue plus provides softer feel and good breathability
- Foam Phylon midsole & long encapsulated Air-Sole unit provides comfy cushioning
ASICS enjoys a big name in the shoe manufacturing industry. It has crafted men’s gel-Resolution 8 tennis shoes for medical healthcare workers. It is in stock in the following colors white/green gecko, white/mako blue, electric red/white, cream/putty, white/pure silver, French blue/white, white/black, white/peacoat, etc.,
The EVA bottom sole which is softer than the rubber gives the shoe enhanced elasticity & bending capacity. The PUGuard toe protector safeguards your forefoot from accidental hitting & collision injuries.
The Solyte & SpEVA midsole provides premium quality cushioning and high-impact rebound capacity to provide a push to your heels. The rearfoot & forefoot gel technology offers premium quality cushioning for unparalleled shock absorption properties. While the Trusstic system technology in the midsole secures the foot from twisting accidents. Thus, it gives a good balance to the lower body.
- Weighs 1.74 Pounds
- Manufactured in America
- Available in 8 different colors
- Lightweight & flexible EVA outsole
- PGuard Toe Protector safeguards the forefoot
- Proprietary upper structure to add extra comfort
- Solyte & SpEVA Midsole Material for greater elasticity & softer footbed
- Rearfoot & forefoot Gel Technology Cushioning System for maximum shock absorption
- Trusstic System technology – minimizes the weight of the sole unit by maintaining shoe shape
Brooks has introduced into the market men’s addiction walker walking shoes. It has a synthetic sole on the bottom side that provides good friction on wet rugged terrains. Thus, this will lessen your possibility of skid injuries.
BioMoGo DNA provides responsive & soft cushioning so that you can enjoy a natural stride. Furthermore, the footwear has a full-grain leather-based exterior body to give good durability and a high-end look to the shoe.
The extended progressive diagonal rollbar at the mid arch provides adequate support for smoother movement transitions & natural stride. While the pod construction in the forefoot outsole aids in giving your lower and upper body good stability and balance. Hence, whether you wear a narrow or wide width size of this shoe model, all its features will help in offering optimal foot positioning and steadiness.
- Weigh 13.7 Ounces
- Synthetic sole that offers good bending
- Pure full-grain leather-based durable outer body
- Available in 3 different colors (White, Black, Brown)
- BioMoGo DNA provides smooth stride & comfortable steps
- Extended Progressive Diagonal Rollbar helps your arch for a natural stride
- The forefoot MC Pod construction coupled with innovative outsole provides balance
- Shoe size acronyms: “D” = Medium width, “EE” = Wide width, “B” = Narrow width, “EEEE” = Extra wide width
K-Swiss men’s hyper court express 2 tennis shoe is yet another outstanding footwear. It is the best fit for medical professionals who have to do a lot of running from one patient to another all day long.
It has an anti-sliding bottom rubber sole that saves your knees and tendons from and slip accidents. The zig-zag lacing closure mechanism gives good fitting and grip to the feet. The Ortholite x40 insole provides moisture management properties and a comfortable footbed.
The heel grip lining will protect your foot from slipping out while running, hence offering sung fitting to the rearfoot. A seam-free exterior body provides a high-end finish look to the footwear. It contains 180 PSC (Plantar Support Chassis) which improves the midfoot stability and prevents twisting of the ankles.
The non-marking sole does not stain the floor as you walk past. Moreover, this sneaker has Surgelite cushioning technology to give the highest standard of foamy padding to the foot. Hence, this will safeguard your feet from immense heel striking & pain. The product designers have added Durawrap Flex and DragGuard technologies in the mesh lining of the shoe to increase its breathability.
- Weighs 11.99 Ounces
- Anti-skid rubber bottom sole
- Available in one color (White/Black, 7)
- Laces mechanism for a secure foot grip
- Ortholite x40 insole for the comfy footbed
- Heel grip lining protects from rearfoot slipping
- Seam-free construction; excellent shoe finishing
- Surgelite; a cushioning technology provides relief & energy return
- The 180 PSC (Plantar Support Chassis) offers heel stability and control
- The non-marking, Acosta 7.0 high-density rubber outsole gives good grip & traction
- Mesh outer body uses Durawrap Flex and DragGuard technologies for good breathability.
Sketchers has become a shoe expert by manufacturing versatile footwear for more than two decades. One of their designs is a work relaxed fit Felton slip-resistant shoe. This sneaker contains 100 % pure synthetic as a basic material for outer shell manufacturing.
In addition to this, on the bottom side, it contains an anti-wear & tears rubber outsole. This will help in increasing the durability of the shoe by protecting it from degradation due to running on rugged surfaces. Since it has an OSHA-compliant nitrile sole, thus it allows the sneaker to enjoy high heat resistance & excellent tear strength.
The lacing closure system provides a good snug fitting to the shoe. It contains fabric lining in the interior body to give a smoother feel to the foot during high-intensity running. The reinforced stitching will help in retaining the shape & structure of the footwear, thus making it durable. The shoe features a memory foam padded footbed to give superior shock absorption properties to it.
- Imported sneaker
- Weighs 14.2 ounces
- Pure synthetic outer body
- Corrosion-resistant rubber sole
- OSHA-complaint nitrile bottom sole
- Lace-up vamp to offer good foot fitting
- Logos on tongue/side for a personalized look
- Available in two different colors (Black & White)
- Inner fabric lining with maximum shock absorbing midsole
- Padded tongue and collar for a softer feel and smoother slide in
- Reinforced stitching to give stronger outer body manufacturing
- Memory foam padded insole insert for premium quality cushioning
Shoes for the crew is yet another company designing incredible shoes for male on-field workers. Its name is men’s freestyle black non-slip shoes. These are not bulky footwear, but rather they are ultra-lightweight allowing your foot to enjoy a natural stride by putting less exertion on lower limbs.
The product designers have chosen synthetic raw material for exterior shoe framework manufacturing. This feature gives the shoe the advantage of easy cleaning. It is currently in stock in multiple foot width sizes ranging from 7 to 17. Hence, all kinds of feet can fit into the shoe space.
Being an imported item, it possesses an anti-skid rubber bottom outsole. This will protect your tendons and ligaments from serious slip injuries or wounds. The exterior body is made from water-impermeable material, thus safeguarding your feet from getting wet on rainy days.
- Weighs 12.6 Ounces
- Pure synthetic outer body
- Lightweight, breathable & athletic shoes
- Wide foot size available from 7 till 17 widths
- Imported sneaker with slip-resistant rubber sole
- Water repellent material used in exterior structure
Buyer’s Guide-Things to Consider Before Buying Best Shoes for Male Nurses
Following are the key factors and attributes that you must consider before making the final decision of purchasing a shoe:
Relaxing & pain-relieving footwear is best for medical workers. This will safeguard both your mental & physical health. Your lower limbs will suffer from immense tiredness and fatigue if you wear a discomforting shoe model. You will not be able to focus on work or patients. Hence, comfort should be the foremost priority rather than looks or style.
Choose shoes that use high-quality raw materials during the manufacturing process. Ingredients that are eco-friendly & protects from environmental hazards. Pay good attention to the type of substance used for overlays, top body, inner lining & midsole. This will affect the endurance & worn-out limitations of the footwear.
Wearing loose shoes in clinics can cause your ankles to twist while running here & there checking patients. Hence, buy footwear that provides snug wrap around the foot and stretchability. The too-tight toe box will result in swellings and blisters. Hence, choose sneakers that have wide widths.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q) Can nurses wear any shoes?
Nurses generally use leather-based sneakers or tennis shoes for all day long work at the hospital.
Q) What color shoes can nurses wear?
According to the hospital, culture & rules nurses are expected to wear white color shoes.
Q) How often should nurses get new shoes?
They should replace their shoes after every six months because the cushioning compresses due to long hours of standing and shoe suffers from structural breakdown due to over-usage.
Q) What do male nurses wear?
Normally, nurses wear V neck uniform dress, pinafore & a cap.
For View on visit::Best Nike Running Shoes for Flat Feet