Is the fear of getting injured by lifting heavy weights and running on an exhaustive treadmill preventing you from losing weight? If yes, then, a fun-filled, no-equipment dance workout can help you get rid of belly fat. But, for that, you need the best shoes for dance cardio to pamper your feet. It’s time that you crash those gym sessions with high-calorie burn dance moves and rock your body with the right sneakers in your feet. Thus, we are here to help you find the most comfortable shoes to take your fitness to next level.
What Is a Cardio Dance?
Cardio dance is a full-body workout that involves choreographed moves in sync with the music. Grooving to the beat in the background, you can enjoy a good sweaty Zumba or salsa dance workout in flexible footwear. In fact, It is an entertaining exercise session with music blasting in the fitness studio and bodies swaying in coordination with each other.
How Are Dance Cardio Shoes Different from Normal Running Footwear?
We know that purchasing the wrong shoes can harm your healthy feet, leading to injury during a Jazzercise class. In a cardio hip-hop workout doing jumping, pivoting, sliding, while wearing a slippery, heavier sneaker is a huge risk. Hence, the following are the key characteristics you must look for while purchasing your next footwear for dance cardio:
- Cushioning: It is a padding layer under the foot for shock absorption from high-impact activity.
- Lightweight: It helps in giving a bouncy, speedy, and easy walk experience with less exertion.
- Stability: It provides motion control preventing slips due to the supportive arch of the shoe.
List of Ultimate Comfy & Best Shoes for Dance Cardio Reviewed:
Thus, to keep your joints protected our team in coordination with dance fitness experts has scooped out a list of best shoes for dance cardio. Here you go…
Knowledge drops in 3,2,1…
best shoes for dance cardio
- Ryka Women’s Influence Cross Trainer
- Bloch Women’s Criss Cross Dance Shoe
- Adidas Men’s Icon Trainer Baseball Shoe
- Reebok Women’s Guresu 2.0 Dance Shoe
- Capezio Women’s DS11 Fierce Dansneaker
- Capezio Women’s DS24 Rockit Dance Sneaker
- Reebok Women’s HIIT Training Shoe Cross Trainer
- Bloch Women’s Boost DRT MESH Sneaker Dance, Pink, 8.5
- Zumba Air Classic Remix High Top Gym Shoes Dance Fitness Workout Shoes for Women
- Women’s Jazz Shoes Lace-up Sneakers – Breathable Air Cushion Lady Split Sole Athletic Walking Dance Shoes Platform
Reebok has designed the most stylish yet arch-supporting ladies’ dance shoes. It comes in around eleven varieties of colors like black, vivid orange, pixel pink, skull grey, ashen lilac, rose, etc. While the available shoe size ranges from 5 to 11 in a regular width fitting. For dance instructors, the most amazing feature is the turn zone pivot point in the shoe. As it helps them in making balanced 360-degree spins in the studio.
This soft neoprene cross-training fitness footwear is the ideal accessory for Zumba dance lovers. Unlike leather shoes, it is made up of synthetic breathable mesh lining which is enclosed within laces. This material helps in providing greater stability and optimal balance during dance movements.
These fashionable and super cute lady’s sneakers are the best for choreography classes due to their lightweight cushioning. This bootie-style sneaker has a removable Ortholite foam sock liner. It will facilitate orthotics so that they can wear prescribed biomedical devices inside their shoe.
It has shock-absorbing rubber soles which makes it slip-resistant thus, providing a stronger grip on the surface. Its waterproof sole shields the shoe from muddy environments plus protects it from daily wear and tear, hence increasing its durability.
- Weighs 1.35 pounds
- Neoprene bootee style
- Replaceable Ortho Lite Sock liner
- Available in 11 different vibrant colors
- Best for training, dance, studio workouts
- Synthetic top mesh for increased breathability
- Imported with low cut design shoes for enhanced mobility
- Lightweight rubber bottom & midsole for shock absorption
- Outsole turn zone pivot point for omnidirectional movement
Capezio brand has been making high-quality shoes since the 18th century. However, fierce Dansneaker is specially crafted for the female dancer community. It is available in black and white shade only. The color variations are in the tongue of the shoe which includes black, gold, red, navy blue, and white. The company manufacturer has advised that women should order one size bigger and men should buy two and half size larger than street shoe size.
Moreover, this hip-hop dance sneaker is made out of synthetic leather making them tough and heavy-duty. It has a split sole design and superior quality arch support system that provides greater spinning flexibility to dancers. They feel confident when they can do toe stands and show their arch easily.
It has a non-marking polyurethane outsole with built-in flex points and spin points. This helps in creating less resistance when a sneaker bends during a dance move. The shoe has a padded tongue, collar, and cushioned foam padding thorough out the structure. This provides support in reducing the impact of high-intensity exercise. It has two sets of double lacing systems to provide a firm hold and prevent slipping in a speedy workout.
- Weighs 1.2 pounds
- Imported & purely man-made
- Platform shoes with heel height 1”
- Available in 13 different catchy colors
- Two sets of matching polyester, cotton laces for tighter foot grip
- Non-marking polyurethane synthetic sole with marked flex points
- Excellent arch support to absorb shocks and reduce foot pain
- Presence of padded Achillies notch to lessen pressure on Achillies tendons
Ryka has introduced amazing workout shoes for females. One of them is women’s influence cross-trainer. It uses 100% pure fabric for the manufacturing of its outer body. It has a rubber sole at its bottom which is water-resistant and protects from slipping. Also, it provides maximum traction and grip of the foot on multi-terrain environments like dry, wet, and icy grounds.
The company has included a pivot point in the shoe design. This circular rubber patch on the shoe sole is at the ball of the front foot. It helps you to twist, turn and spin while working out or dancing. Moreover, It has flex foil and direct fuse layers which offer support and hold to the foot.
It has a dual-density foam midsole that uses multiple density materials for manufacturing. In fact, It helps in protecting your lower limbs from overpronation. Also, this padding has N Gage EVA energy return which allows the shoe to maintain its sturdy structural shape and provide cushioning to your heel from impact. It has laces on its upper body to provide grip adjustment and fitting to the shoe.
- Weighs 1.2 Pounds
- Available in 13 different colors
- Excellent traction due to rubber outsole
- Imported with an outer casing of pure fabric
- Laces present for a tighter grip and shoe fitting
- Dual-density foam midsole to prevent overpronation
- Flex-foil and direct fuse layers provide hold to shoe structure
- High impact N-Gage EVA energy return provides premium soft cushioning
- Pivot points on the forefoot for increased balance and 360 degrees movements
Bloch has launched a high-performance dance workout shoe for ladies– Crisscross shoes. In fact, It is an imported commodity and is available in five different colors. Moreover, It has a flexible non-marking outsole which leaves no scratch marks behind on the floor. This makes it suitable for indoor sports like badminton, tennis, basketball, and volleyball.
Its outer body comprises of lightweight mesh lining. This helps in increasing the breathability and airflow in the shoe space. This air in and outflow allows your feet to stay dry, fresh, and odor-free. To further enhance the moisture management properties of the shoe, the company has put in a Dri-Lex lining system. This helps in absorbing all the moisture away from your foot space.
It has a TPU spin spot at the bottom sole. This helps in distributing the weight of the body all across the shoe space and providing balance while you turn in workouts. The company advises the women to place the order of shoe size half size up from the street shoe. While men should order shoes of two times bigger size.
- Imported & weighs 12 ounces
- Meshy upper lining for enhanced breathability
- Dri-Lex lining with moisture-wicking properties
- Lightweight & available in five different colors
- Women should buy 1/2 to 1 up from the street shoe
- Non-marking outsole leaving no scratches behind
- Men must purchase size 2 times up from the street shoe
- Has TPU spin spot for better turning ability in workouts
Adidas has crafted outstanding sporty shoes for baseball lovers. One of them is the Icon trainer. It uses pure 100% synthetic material for the production of its outer casing. Moreover, It helps in giving the shoe a lightweight feel and increased breathability. Also, It has a rubber sole in the bottom which is water & oil resistant protecting you from slipping on greasy and wet surfaces.
Its design includes a heather meshy top which enhances the airflow in the shoe box keeping your feet in good, healthy condition. It has the feature of internal bootee for ankle support, thus preventing it from rolling, injury, or any damage in the knee joints. This enhances the overall performance of the players and saves your foot from pain. It has haptic paint overlays which is a thick 3D coating in some portions of the shoe to add a lively touch and flexibility to the shoe.
It has durable overlays on the upper body to provide a well-built shape and structure to the footwear. This saves the shoe from abrasion plus wear and tear. These men’s training shoes are multi-sport trainers. You can use it for football, lacrosse, and baseball because they have strong traction and grip on the surfaces with optimal strategic support.
- Imported & weighs 2.4 pounds
- Can use for lacrosse, football, and baseball cross
- Heather mesh upper for enhanced breathability
- Uses 100% pure synthetic material for exterior body
- Internal bootee design for accelerated ankle support
- Rubber sole for lightweight and slip-resistant features
- Has durable haptic print overlays which provide seamless flexibility
Capezio has brought into the market DS24 Rockit dance shoes for ladies. It has pure synthetic mesh and sole which is breathable and lightweight respectively. The company has added a split sole design which allows you to enjoy increased flexibility and traction on multi-terrain surfaces. Moreover, It has a non-marking polyurethane outsole which leaves no scratches behind on the floor. They have engraved patented flex points that provide ease in movement at the ball of the foot.
It has a forepart spin point which helps in twisting and turning during the workout. Its outer casing uses a combination of polyurethane Nubuck (soft velvety leather) for manufacturing. It has a perforated arch and meshes lining of styrene-butadiene (SBR) rubber to provide enhanced breathability. It has a padded tongue for easy slip-on. To provide good fitting and grip the company has added polyester-cotton laces in the shoes. Moreover, Its EVA cushioned footbed allows protecting your heel from injury and damage. The company advises men to order sizes up from street shoe size.
- Weighs 12 ounces
- EVA footbed for maximum shock absorption
- Cotton lacing system for better grip and fitting
- A combination of PU Nubuck and Nylex mesh
- Padded tongue for a softer feel in shoe space
- Perforated arch and vents for good air circulation
- Split sole design for better traction on multiple terrains
- Non-marking PU outsole leaving no scratches behind on the floor
Reebok has designed a masterpiece for HIIT training of women. This cross trainer has a rubber sole which makes the footwear lightweight and protects you from slipping on wet and greasy surfaces. Moreover, It has a mesh upper lining which enhances the breathability of the sneaker. In fact, This in and outflow of air keeps you’re the sweat of your feet dry. This ventilation stops the growth of bacteria and foul smells.
It is ideal for HIIT workout which includes burpees, planks, pushups, Russian twist, jumping jack, squats, mountain climbers, and lunges. Its rubber midsole adds friction and resistance to provide hold to your foot during sharp turns on the ground. Hence, this high-intensity interval training shoe will provide you balance, comfort and support. In fact, Even it has an EVA midsole with foamy, pillow cushioning to protect your heel, toes, knees from stress and pressure. It has a padded tongue for easy pull-on and secure fit
- Weighs 1.43 Pounds
- Available in 11 different colors
- Water & slip-resistant rubber sole
- Foamy padded tongue for easy slide in
- Mesh upper lining for increased breathability
- Lightweight EVA midsole for improved cushioning
- Ideal for high-intensity interval training workouts and sharp turns
New Balance has crafted V10 running shoes for girls. They have used the concept of a half and half ratio for raw materials for the manufacturing of shoe structures. Like 50% Synthetic, 50% Mesh. Being an imported sneaker, it has a rubber sole which makes it lightweight, durable, and abrasion-resistant. It provides good hardness and bending during sharp turns of training workouts.
Moreover, Its inner sole has layers of cushioning that provides comfort to the lower limbs and joints. It helps in providing precise plushness during running. In these shoes, you can enjoy a plush ride where your feet feels like it is getting a response or energy back from the ground.
The shoe design includes a Hypo knit upper to provide stretch in specific areas during the workout. The footwear has bootie upper construction and ultra-heel support. In fact, This helps in providing great grip to the foot shape and support to the rear foot. It also has an Ortho lite Sock liner which provides good cushioning and moisture-wicking properties, keeping your feet comfortable and fresh.
- Imported with rubber bottom sole
- Available in 9 different vibrant colors
- 1:1 ratio of synthetic and mesh raw materials
- Ortho lite Sock liner for moisture management and comfort
- Hypo knit upper design for specific areas stretchability and elasticity
- Upper knit of synthetic and mesh raw material enhances breathability
- Belongs to Fresh Foam X collection; engineered to increases plushness
- Has bootie upper construction and an ultra-heel for better support and hold
Zumba Fitness LLC has manufactured an Air classic remix for a gym workout. It has a lightweight rubber bottom sole which is water-resistant and not easy to break. Moreover, It has to cushion air technology to provide maximum comfort to your lower limbs and tendons.
It has a polyurethane outsole that provides excellent traction and grip on multiple terrains like dry, wet, icy, etc., In fact, It has Z-Slide technology which improves your dance and workout performance by allowing easy pivot on surfaces. These shoes are versatile in performance. They are the best fit for the gym, long walking, dance, and athletic training. These have outer bodies of extremely catchy and vibrant colors, thus adding life to boring shoes. This company even guarantees a full refund if you are not satisfied with the product quality.
- Weighs 1 pound
- Available in 33 different colors
- Imported with rubber bottom sole
- Has energizing cushioning air technology
- PU outsole of slip-resistant rubber material
- Multi-purpose use; dance, gym, athletic workout
- The company offers a product return guarantee if the user isn’t happy
- Presence of Z-slide technology for an enhanced dance performance
RAYDESTINN has added another exciting shoe to their list–jazz shoes lace-up sneakers. They have a meshy fabric outer casing which allows for increased breathability and airflow in the shoe space. so, The silky soft padded collar allows you to smoothly slide your feet into the shoe without injuring yourself. It even has Achilles’ arch support which protects you from pain and dysfunction. Moreover, It will help you improve your posture and stability. It will cut down the pressure on Achilles’ tendons, hence ease your metatarsal pain.
To perform balanced twisting and turning during Zumba dance, the shoe has a feature of spin spot. It contains a comfortable layered footbed to absorb shocks. Hence, this makes it ideal for ballet or hip-hop dancing. The heel height is around 2 inches to provide optimal positioning during the full range of motions. Last but not least it has an EVA midsole that helps to equally distribute your weight and give stability to your walk.
- Weighs 14.11 Ounces
- Available in 10 different colors
- Mesh fabric outer body
- Imported with rubber sole
- Soft padded collar with easy slide in
- Arch & Achilles support for better lower limb alignment
- Spin spot for balanced twist and turning movements
- Comfy memory foam footbed for shock absorption
- Best for walking, jazz, ballet, folk, and hip-hop dance
- Platform or heel height measures approximately 1.96”
- EVA midsole provides a meshy arch and vamp for ventilation and breathability
Buyers Guide-Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Shoes for Dance Cardio
Following is the list of important things to take care of before making your final decision of purchase:
Whether it is a high or low-intensity cardio workout, it all requires a rigorous movement of the entire body. Hence, special shoes with mesh lining will help increase the air ventilation in the shoes. This will protect your feet from building up bacteria and bad smells.
If you plan to do lunges or planks it all demands flexible shoes. Otherwise, you may suffer from split shins and blisters in your lower limbs. If the toe box is too tight then you will have a hard time twisting and turning in that footwear during cardio. Hence, go for comfy shoes
A slim, soft sole allows you to enjoy a barefoot feel and add more flexibility to the movement. Because a thicker sole may be rigid and will make it hard for you to enjoy reflexive turns.
Hence, you must look out for these main features while buying dance cardio workout shoes.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q) Can I wear running shoes for Zumba?
No, you cannot wear running shoes for Zumba. The reason behind this is that they have greater traction which is not required during exercise dance movements
Q) Is it bad to do dance cardio barefoot?
It is true that during a Zumba class you are on your feet all the time. Hence, dancing, turning, and jumping barefoot can injure your feet & cause wear and tear.
Q) Can I use training shoes for dancing?
No, you must choose sneakers that are specially designed for dancing and fitness aerobics. Because it will provide you with the right balance for twists and turns during the workout.
Q) Are cross-training shoes good for Zumba?
Yes, you can use cross-training shoes for Zumba dancing, because they slide well on the studio floor making it easy for you to move.
for more visit: Best Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis-Top 10 Choices