We know that choosing the best sandals for knee pain can be a difficult task. Especially your life can become disturbing and difficult if you are surviving with a ruptured ligament or joint. Surgical repairs can indeed be the scariest and costly option to fix your knee pain.
Hence, our team has scooped out a list of the most comfortable shoes that are worth every penny. So, don’t waste any more time and scroll down to check out the best sandals for knee pain.
Main Causes of Knee Pain:
Following are the main reasons for knee pain in the lower limbs:
It can occur due to a fracture in the tendons or ligaments. The kneecap can get hurt due to falling from stairs or slipping accidents during sports. This will result in twisting & bending of the joint.
Even putting too much stress due to improper workout postures and training can negatively affect the health of your knee. Athletic games involving a high-impact swift change of directions can also result in injury.
Dislocated Knee Cap:
Aged people suffer from loose knee joints which leads to knee pain. Even when you are practicing dancing which involves twisting and jumping, you can lose balance and trip. Hence when the knee hits or falls with high impact on the tough ground it suffers from wear and tear and dislocation.
Arthritis In the Knee:
Inflammation in the joints can cause pain in the knees. This leads to pain, stiffness, and swelling in the tendons and ligaments. With age, this condition deteriorates, hence forcing you to limit your daily walking activities. It becomes a hurting experience to even climb stairs.
List of Best Sandals for Knee Pain
- Vionic Kiwi Slide Sandal
- KEEN Men’s Newport H2 Sandal
- Revs Classic Reflexology Massage
- Birkenstock Arizona Soft Footbed
- Clarks Women’s Arla Glison Flip Flop
- Merrell Blaze Sieve Convertible Sandal
- Vionic Women’s Tide II Toe Post Sandal
- Naot Footwear Women’s Sophia Sandal
- Vionic Julie – Women’s Ortha Heel Sandals
- MEGNYA Diabetic Orthotic Sandals for Women
Our Top Favorite Picks
Vionic is one of the top-rated shoe manufacturing companies designing premium quality medicated shoes to reduce knee pain. Made in the USA, this product has earned an APMA seal of acceptance due to its multiple health benefits for the foot and lower joints.
It is available in five catchy colors (Black grey, camel khaki, sky, orchid purple, etc.,). The style and biomechanics of this shoe make it suitable for outdoor sports activities. Moreover, The long-lasting rubber sole protects your joints from any slip accidents.
The non-bulky EVA sole in the footbed helps in the regulation of foot temperature both in hot and cold environments. The Polyurethane Nubuck Uppers is a top grain leather that provides a velvety outer body to the shoe.
The exterior structure has a hook and loop to give good grip and fitting to the foot. These are Vio motion support shoes that keep your feet happy and safe. Optimal arch support keeps the ankle and hip joint away from pain.
- Weighs 1.25 pounds
- Manufactured in the USA
- Has APMA Seal of Acceptance
- Available in five different colors
- Best for sports & outdoor activities
- Durable bottom synthetic rubber outsole
- Lightweight & heat resistant EVA Footbed
- Low maintenance & long-lasting PU Nubuck Uppers
- Upper soft body with hook-and-loop closure for better foot grip
- Vio motion supportive shoes having three-zone comforts with good arch support
A US-based company called Keen has designed men’s Newport H2 sandals for men. This shoe model has metatarsal padding support to help in reducing pressure in the foot area and hence controls pain.
The product designers have made the shoe in a wide variety of colors which includes black, steel grey, canteen, dark olive, neutral grey, Aztec, lime punch, bison, brick dust, etc., For the manufacturing of its outer body, it uses pure polyester. This protects the sandal from wrinkling and shrinking.
This imported footwear has a rubber outsole that provides resistance against wear and tears in tough terrains. It has contoured arch support that safeguards your foot & knee from pain. The company advises the user to order half a size up to their standard size which they normally wear. These are machine washable using detergents and the elastic lacing gives good snug fitting to the feet.
- Weighs 14 ounces
- Has metatarsal ridge support
- Available in 29 different colors
- 100% pure polyester outer body
- Imported product with a rubber bottom sole
- An excellent contoured arch that fits your foot curve
- Need to order half a size larger than your normal size
- KEEN water sandals are machine washable & require air drying
- Sport sandal with bungee lacing mechanism and rear pull-on loop for easy slide in
Kenkoh Europe Ltd has made an iconic piece for knee joints patients. It is called Rev’s classic reflexology massage. Moreover, It is available in four vibrant shades which include gold, orange, green, pink ivory.
It also, has superior arch support for flat feet who have low foot curves. Being a purely vegan shoe, it is an eco-friendly product because the company uses zero animal products in the manufacturing process.
The rubber bottom sole gives resistance to oily or greasy working surfaces, hence reduces the chances of any knee slip accident. You can use this shoe to relieve tiredness and fatigue after a workout. It uses the technology of acupressure which helps in releasing anti-inflammatory endorphins that act as a medicine-free healing foot therapy.
This flip flop massages your foot sole, hence blood circulation increases the overall health of lower limbs and joints become better. Its open outer body design makes it breathable.
- Weighs 1.19 pounds
- Made by Kenkoh Europe Ltd.
- Available in four different colors
- Excellent arch support for flat feet/ low arches
- Purely vegan shoe; no animal product involved
- Rubber sole provides grip & posture alignment
- Can be used as a recovery shoe after a workout
- Shock absorbing & ultra-comfortable bottom sole
- Medically & scientifically designed massage footbed
- Flip Flops massage sole pressure points improve blood flow in the foot area.
Brickenstock has brought into the shoe market Arizonan soft footbed for people who suffer from knee pain. It gives the user a choice of a huge variety of colors which includes electric metallic taupe, blue leather, vintage copper leather, patent fuchsia tulip, tobacco brown, etc.,
For the manufacturing of its outer body, the company uses premium quality suede leather. This material is very durable and tough compared to textile coverings. The heel elevation of one inch helps to give a raised height to the body.
This imported sandal has a soft synthetic sole which provides good water resistance on wet surfaces. The flip flop has a smoother rubber leather body for easy slip-on. The exterior structural design has the feature of adjustable buckles that fit according to your forefoot shape.
- Weighs 7.8 ounces
- Available in above 150 colors
- 100% high-quality suede leather
- Heel height measures around 1 inch
- Imported flip flop with a synthetic sole
- Platform height is approximately 0.5 inches
- The upper body has a smooth & soft leather-like finish
- Cork bottom sole provides shock absorption & cushioning
- Flexible buckles to give good fitting according to foot contours
Clarks has crafted an amazing shoe for women called Arla Glison flip flop. The product designers have made an open design of the footwear to enhance breathability. This prevents sweat build-up and swelling in the foot.
The shoe model is present in the following colors like an aqua textile with pink flamingos, berry pink floral text, grey floral textile, aqua solid, bright rose, etc., It has a good heel height that provides ladies the perfect height elevation for beauty.
It has two textile lining straps that give a softer feel when you slide in the foot in the shoe space. The EVA midsole helps in sucking away all the shocks or rebounds while walking. This imported sandal has a rubber outsole to provide good friction on slippery surfaces. Even the Ortholite footbed helps in providing unparallel comfort to the lower joints.
- Open design; easy slip-on
- Available in 29 different colors
- Ultra-Lightweight shoe of 1.05 pounds
- Heel Height measures around 1.57 inches
- Smooth Textile Lining for softer foot space feel
- EVA Midsole for cushioning & shock absorption
- Imported flip flop with a long-lasting synthetic rubber sole
- Ortholite footbed gives good foaming & less friction between foot & insole
Merrell’s Blaze sieve convertible sandal makes it the top 10 list of shoes for knee pain. The company uses a water-resistant & durable leather raw material for outer body manufacturing. This makes it a perfect sporty sandal to use for high-intensity activities.
The top leather exterior uses polyurethane coating to safeguard the surface from scratches. And also provide longer life & shine to the shoe. This imported footwear uses a lightweight anti-slip rubber bottom sole that minimizes the risk of falling accidents on wet, snowy, or greasy surfaces.
It is available in limited shades. The most special feature of this shoe is the Vibram tc5+ outsole offers good traction and perfect grip in the most difficult terrains. The 3mm hollowed lugs help in providing good resistance while trail walking. The shoe top has an adjustable hook and loop for better foot fitting.
- Weighs 10.08 ounces
- Waterproof leather top structure for sports
- Pure polyurethane-coated leather outer body
- Imported sandal with slip-resistant rubber sole
- Available in two different colors (Black & Grey)
- Vibram tc5+ outsole with 3-mm hollowed lugs for lightweight traction
- Flexible hook-and-loop straps at vamp, ankle, and counter for better foot grip
Vionic women’s tide is one of the best options you can buy to fix your knee pain. Made in the USA, it has a soft synthetic rubber sole that provides good foot bending and water resistance properties.
It is available in a huge range of colors like lichen, black tortoise, navy, pale blush, black floral, cream, black tan, bronze metallic, gold cork, etc. The open design of the shoe body makes it breathable and allows good ventilation of the air. This keeps the foot healthy and odorless.
The company uses a combination of two raw materials I.e., leather and textile for the manufacturing of flip flop body formation. The EVA bottom footbed provides a next-level comfort and soft slide-in experience.
Due to the multiple beneficial attributes in the shoe, it has earned the American Podiatric Medical Association Seal of Acceptance. It supports Vio motion having three comfort zones to provide good stability and support to feet.
- Weighs 15.84 Ounces
- Manufactured in the USA
- Leather & textile footbed
- Durable rubber synthetic outsole
- Available in 16 different fresh colors
- EVA Footbed for softer foot bending & comfort
- Possess American Podiatric Medical Association Seal of Acceptance
- Vio-Motion support shoes having three-zone comfort & optimal arch support
Naot footwear women’s Sophia sandal is a lightweight imported product. The company has designed this shoe in the following colors, brushed black Leather, black crinkle patent leather, Metallic Red Leather.
It contains excellent arch support for all types of foot curves, low, high, and flat. When the correct angled footbed sits beneath the feet, it helps in reduced foot and knee pain. It keeps the ankles, toes, and heels all aligned in the proper posture.
The glossy patent leather gives a catchy outer appearance and looks to the shoe. Plus, it contains a lightweight EVA sole to provide superior shock absorption qualities. This will safeguard your joints from any injury. The bottom cork footbed gives a lightweight feel to the shoe.
- Weighs 7 ounces
- Imported lightweight sandal
- Available in two different colors
- Arch Support for high, low & flat feet
- Shining patent leather for the enhanced outer look
- Lightweight EVA sole for shock-absorbing capabilities
- Cork/Latex footbed for maximum stability & comfort
Vionic has created Ortha heel sandals for women. This item is available in three variant colors which include black, bronze & pewter. It has a pure synthetic bottom sole that provides a lightweight and softer feel to the footbed.
The EVA midsole will protect your tendons & ligaments from high energy shock impacts. Plus, the outer body has a flexible back strap that gives a good grip to the rearfoot and ankle. It will provide good fitting according to your foot length.
Due to the numerable number of foot health benefits and features, it has been given the American podiatry association seal of acceptance. To add some spice to the outer look, the company has added laser-cut flowers on the t strap.
This is a clinically and scientifically proven shoe that guarantees to reduce the pain of plantar fasciitis.
- Weighs 12 ounces
- Available in three different colors
- Pure synthetic rubber bottom sole
- EVA midsole provides maximum shock absorption
- Adjustable backstrap sandal to provide good foot fitting
- Has the American podiatry association seal of acceptance
- Laser-cut flowers fixed on t-strap to add beauty to the outer look
- Long-lasting patterned bottom sole to provides traction and grip on multi-terrain
- Clinically proven to relieve plantar fasciitis, heel & knee pain, overpronation & flat feet
- Podiatrist designed-biomechanical orthotic footbed with a deep heel for foot posture.
The team of Megnya has made diabetic orthotic sandals for ladies. It has an optimal weight that puts less exertion on the knees and foot during every step. The model is available in the following colors, W2-black/Grey Snake, W7-tree Skin, W5-black/White Snake, W4-brown, W6-beige & W3-coffee Snake.
This being an orthotic slide sandal helps in reducing the suffering of plantar fasciitis. This happens due to the stability and wide footbed available in the shoe design. It has superior arch support to accommodate people with high, low, and flat arches.
Moreover, the midsole provides premium standards cushioning to the footbed, hence making it ideal for vacations and trips.
- Imported sandal
- Weighs 8.82 ounces
- Also, Available in seven different colors
- Lightweight overall shoe body structure
- Orthotic slide sandals support plantar fasciitis
- Excellent arch support to reduce foot ailments
- Moreover, it has Good midsole to provide cushioning and footbed softness
- Best fit for vacation due to good arch support & comfortability
Buyer’s Guide –Things to Consider Before Buying Best Sandals for Knee Pain
Take care of these important factors before making a final decision of shoe purchase to reduce knee pain:
Premium Quality Footbed Cushioning:
Good bottom cushioning will help absorb shocks when your foot hits the ground. Hence not letting it go up to your knees. It will suck away the maximum amount of high-impact kinetic rebound energy that you get from walking on hard surfaces like concrete.
It will minimize the stress placed on your heels, ankles, toes, and rearfoot. Thus, good quality cushioning will make your feet & knee feel safe and comfortable.
Excellent Built-in Arch Support
It is a fact, that using flat shoes with minimal arch support can cause hip & back pain. So, Your feet will suffer from tiredness and strained muscles both while standing or walking. Moreover, You can even suffer from inward rolling of the ankle or overpronation.
This will in return increase the chances of uneven body weight distribution on the footbed. Hence, buy shoes with good arch support that have maximum shock absorption capacity, reduces rotation of the knee, and controls pronation.
Removable Insoles to Accommodate Custom Orthotics:
You can insert custom orthotics designed according to your foot dimensions into the footbed in place of insoles. So, This can help provide superior comfort to lower limbs. Moreover, This will provide a good balance, correct foot positioning, and knee stability.
These custom-fitted orthotics prescribed by your doctors will help redirect pressure of the entire body from main points like heels and forefoot. It will even reduce the risk of knee and foot injury. Thus, choose a shoe that allows you to take outsoles.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q) What are the best sandals for bad knees?
For a supportive & comfortable walk, the best sandals for bad knees should have removable insoles. And also custom orthotics.
Q) Can sandals cause knee pain?
Yes, sandals with poor cushioning and arch support can cause knee pain.
Q) Are flat shoes better for knee pain?
Flat shoes have less support which causes overstretching of lower limb muscles. In fact, This will badly affect the arch of the foot and your knees.
Q) How can I run with bad knees?
Leg joints can be sensitive, hence putting too much pressure on bad knees will eventually affect their health.
Visit for reviews on Best Shoes for Broken Foot Recovery