Is dancing your favourite hobby & are you looking for the best ballroom dance shoes? Or are you a professional Salsa trainer planning to replace your older sneakers with new ones? Or have you taken part in an international dancing competition & want to buy the right shoes to display your skill in the best manners?
So, waste no more time in online searching looking here & there. Our research team has compiled a list of the best ballroom dance shoes. Let’s dig in & explore more.
Why You Need Special Shoes for Ballroom Dancing?
Good dancing shoes are worth your investment due to the following reasons:
Provides Protection to Knees from Spinning:
Generally, footwear has sticky rubber soles which provide maximum traction & grip on the floor during the movement. However, dance shoes have a suede sole at the bottom; hence, it helps in smooth spinning on wood flooring. Therefore, your knees will suffer from strain & damage.
Offers Metatarsal Cushioning & Padding:
Ballroom dance shoes have foaming in targeted areas. Hence, this helps in reducing the pressure felt on foot due to high impact kinetic energies. When you engage yourself in repetitive dance moves during training, a softer footbed will make your feet feel less tired. Thus, it will protect your lower limbs from injuries.
Gives Good Slip Resistance & Grip on the Flooring:
The bottom soles of salsa dance offer excellent friction to gym floors during practice. Hence, such sneakers have good flexibility & stretchability to adjust according to foot movements. Significantly, the grip of the toe helps in protecting from slip accidents
Ultimate List of the Best Ballroom Dance Shoes
- Bloch Women’s Super-Jazz Shoes
- Rhinestones Ballroom Dance Shoes
- Capezio Men’s SD103 Social Dance Shoe
- Bloch Dance Men’s Xavier Ballroom Shoe
- Bloch Women’s Grecian Sandal Dance Shoe
- Icker Women’s Professional Latin Dance Shoes
- TT dancewear Rhinestones Ballroom Dance Shoes
- Capezio Women’s Jr. Footlight T-Strap Dance Shoe
- Capezio Women’s SD02 Rosa 2.5″ Flared-Heel Sandal
- Joo care Women Cross Strap Latin Ballroom Character Dance Shoes
Our Top Favorite Picks:
Bloch has been in the shoe industry since 1932, making the best ballroom dance shoes. It has launched the latest model called women’s super-jazz shoes. The manufacturing of this footwear took place in Thailand.
Moreover, the rubber sole on the bottom side protects your lower limbs from any slip accidents. This shoe article is available in two formal colors only: black & tan. Furthermore, the inner body of the footwear has a cotton lining to suck away all the sweat from the foot. Plus, it will give a softer & comfy feel in the foot space.
In addition, the full-grain leather top body enhances the durability & life of the shoe. It offers the properties of water resistance to the exterior framework of the footwear. Lastly, the EVA midsole distributes the bodyweight all over the foot space & provides stability to the foot.
- Weighs 2 Ounces
- Imported commodity
- Manufactured in Thailand
- Anti-slip rubber bottom split sole
- Available in two colors (black & tan)
- Pure cotton lining helps in breathability
- Full-grain soft leather upper exterior body
- Lightweight EVA outsole provides good cushioning
- Sizing: Start with same as street shoe to 1/2 size up
The Rhinestones ballroom dance shoes are an ultra-lightweight shoe model. It has a leather-based exterior body which makes it easy to clean the footwear. Moreover, you can enjoy increased breathability & better durability than synthetic material.
Furthermore, this article is available in a limited colors option, I.e., black & nude. You can pair this shoe with any formal dressing for your performance. The shoe features support all kinds of dance types which include salsa, tango, rumba & bachata.
In addition, you can pair this heel with your dance frock. The shiny stones have added a new height to the outer look of the shoe. Hence, this feature-loaded footwear is a perfect option for both formal wedding dance & practice training.
- Weighs 11.99 Ounces
- Leather bottom outsole
- Available in two colors (Black & Nude-2.5in Heel)
- Best fit for Latin, Salsa, Tango, Rumba, Chacha, Batchata dance.
- Sparkling high brightness rhinestones crystals arranged in a pattern
- Suitable for indoor leisure dancing, social dancing, practicing, competition & wedding
- The shoe follows US street size and medium width, a difference of 4mm in shoe length
Capezio Men’s SD103 Social Dance Shoe has made it to our list of the best ballroom dance shoes of 2021. This model has an optimal footwear mass that puts less exertion force during multiple dance movements.
Moreover, the suede sole adds a lot of style to the shoe base. Plus, it has heat transferring properties that protect your feet from cold weather. The bottom side of the sandal has foamy insoles that offer shock-absorbing capacity. Hence, protecting your foot from getting affected by high-impact kinetic energies during quick dance movements.
In addition, a 1-inch-wide heel provides an adequate amount of elevation to the body height, giving grace to the body figure. The interior body of the sandal has a soft cloth lining that helps in sucking away all the moisture from the foot. Hence, no bacteria or bad smell will build up in the foot space.
Furthermore, the feature of padded collar gives easy & effortless insert of the foot. For manufacturing the exterior body structure, the company designers have used PU leather synthetic raw material. Plus, the laces offer enhanced foot fitting & grip on the ground.
- Weighs 1.5 pounds
- Suede bottom outsole
- Shock-absorbing sponge insole
- 1-inch standard size EVA wrapped heel
- Moisture absorbing cotton inner lining
- Pure PU leather synthetic-based outer body
- Padded collar and Achilles notch for extra comfort
- Lace-up dance shoe in faux leather featuring one-inch heel
Bloch has earned a good reputation in the shoe manufacturing industry. It has been making the best ballroom dance shoes for over eight decades. A recent footwear model called Men’s Xavier dance Shoes.
Moreover, the production process of these sandals takes place in Thailand. The company designers have used leather to make the outer body. Hence, this gives the benefit of easy cleaning of the exterior framework & provides flexibility for long hours of dancing.
Furthermore, it has limited formal shoe color options that can with all types of your look. The suede bottom sole gives the advantage of improved breathability to the lower limbs & foot. Due to this sole, you can enjoy sharp & quick slides & turns during your dance performance.
In addition, the top body has full-grain leather material to give good stretchability & comfort to the foot. The low height, broader heel base adds elevation & support to the rear foot area. A foamy cushioning insole sucks away all the high energy shocks & impacts. Hence, this will safeguard the metatarsals joints of your foot.
- Weighs 1 pound
- Made in Thailand
- Pure leather-based exterior body
- Available in two colors (black & tan)
- Suede bottom outsole: best for slides & turns
- Men shoe size is two measurements down from street shoe
- Latin shoe with a classic oxford upper in soft full-grain leather
- Low, wide heel base with short shank to provide arch support
- Cushioned insole for shock absorption & to the protection of metatarsals
Bloch has designed iconic footwear, women’s Grecian sandal dance shoes. It is available in a small range of colors which includes Bloch black, pink & tan. Being an imported commodity, the company has designed the shoes according to street footwear sizes.
These are one of the best ballroom dance shoes which you can use for extended hours of salsa practicing. To make the exterior body more durable & long-lasting, the product manufacturers have utilized leather raw material.
Moreover, the heel height puts reduced pressure on the lower limbs & ligaments. It gives good ankle support and improved elevation to your body figure. Thus, making your dance more seem more graceful & elegant. Furthermore, the forefoot straps add the benefit of the perfect foot fitting to avoid slip accidents.
- Weighs 4.2 ounces
- Imported commodity
- Sizing similar to street shoes
- Available in 3 different colors
- Best for long hours standing activities
- Pure leather-based exterior framework
- Elastic leather strap for tighter foot grip
- Shaft measures approximately low-top from arch
- 1″ heel to put less strain on the Achilles tendon and calves
Icker Women’s Professional Latin Dance Shoes are ultra-lightweight ballroom footwear. It is available in the following colors: Silver, gold, Ft083-brown, purple, red-2 & black-2, etc., On the bottom side, the sandal has an anti-slip suede sole that is flexible & adapts to the shape of your feet.
Furthermore, the shoe has a satin exterior body to give a classy, shiny & glossy look to your heels. In addition, it has a buckle mechanism in the ankle area to keep the foot in the correct posture. The 2.4-inch heel adds extra height to your physic, hence adding grace & class to your dance moves.
In the front area, it contains five-band Crisscross straps to provide better hold in the toe section. The suede anti-slip lining helps in giving moisture management properties in the foot space. Hence, all its features make it among the best ballroom dance shoes.
- Weighs 10.86 Ounces
- Buy a bigger size for wide feet
- Available in 12 different colors
- Nonslip suede sole best fit for indoor floor & foot stability
- Made of premium-quality lightweight, glossy satin exterior body
- Adjustable quick-release buckles to fit according to foot contours
- 2.4-inch heel to give a graceful look to your figure during dancing
- Best fit for Latin, Salsa, Tango, Rumba, Chacha, practicing & performance
- The forefoot has a five-band knotted style perfect for professional Latin dancers
- Suede nonslip lining to absorb sweat-absorbent and prevent developing of smelly feet
TT dance shoe is a turkey-based brand making the best ballroom dance shoes. It has designed Rhinestones footwear, which is available in nude, tan, black, hot red, silver, 1. 5, 2.5, 3-inch heels.
Moreover, the suede bottom outer sole adds softness & lightness to the shoe body. It provides a relaxed feel to the tired lower limbs during long sessions of dancing. The product designers have followed the sizing chart or measurements of street shoe length & width.
In addition, the interior of the footwear contains breathable cotton inner lining. Hence, it will suck away all the smelly moisture or sweat from the foot space. However, for the manufacturing of the exterior body, a soft satin material gives a high-end look to the sandal. The crystal rhinestones pasted in a beautiful pattern adds height to the outer appearance of the footwear.
Furthermore, the buckle in the ankle keeps the lower limbs aligned in a perfect posture. Thus, reducing the chances of heel twisting accidents. The high-quality shock-absorbing insole adds extra softness & comfort to the footbed. Hence, safeguarding your feet from bruises while dancing.
- Weighs 10.58 ounces
- Suede bottom outer sole
- Available in 4 different colors
- Footwear according to USA street shoe sizing
- Moisture Absorbent cotton lining of the inner body
- Soft Satin+ Crystal AB Rhinestone external body structure
- Ultra-Soft Suede Outsole gives you the maximum flexibility
- Quick Release Buckles to provide good posture & grip to the foot
- Lightweight & stable design for controlled spinning on wooden floors
- Best for Latin salsa, bachata, mambo, tango, swing & ballroom wedding dance
- Shock-Absorbing insole padding for added comfort during a ballroom salsa dance
Capezio, an American manufacturing footwear company, is well known for its best ballroom dance shoes. Being an imported item, the product manufacturers have used polyurethane for the manufacturing of the outer body. Thus, you can enjoy the benefit of low density & high elasticity features in the shoe body.
Moreover, it has a good heel height that protects your foot from rearfoot ground striking & will put less exertion on Achilles’ tendons. In addition, the sandal follows the street shoe size charts or measurements. Hence, the width & length of the footwear is in accordance with that.
Furthermore, the adjustable leather buckle provides a snug-fitting to your feet. Thus, promoting improved control during dance performance moves. It will also protect your feet from ill-fitting shoes.
The sandal contains foamy cushioning in the footbed; hence it will reduce the impact of high impact kinetic energy striking your fore & rear foot. It has a leather bottom sole to provide resistance against the wear & tear of long hours of dance practices on the bottom side.
- Weighs 1.2 pounds
- Imported commodity
- Pure Polyurethane body
- Heel height around 2.25.”
- It comes in street shoe sizing
- Leather balance bottom outsole
- Leather buckle securely fasten the foot
- Tapered toe box for forefoot protection
- Available in two colors (black & caramel)
- Foam padded footbed provides cushioning
- Moisture sucking microfiber inner fiber lining
Another Capezio shoe makes it to our buying guide list of the best ballroom dance shoes. The name of this model is SD02 Rosa 2.5″ Flared-Heel Sandal. It is available in the following color options: Camel satin & black.
Moreover, the sandal has a leather bottom outsole to give elasticity & stretchability to the footbed. The polyester body provides an ultra-lightweight feel to the shoe; hence you experience less exertion on your forward stride.
Furthermore, the zig-zag strap closure mechanism offers maximum foothold & grip on wooden floor surfaces. Thus, reducing the risk of accidents due to your heel coming out of the shoe. The footbed has great cushion layering to give an extra relaxed feel to your lower tendons & muscles.
In addition, the buckle securely wraps around your ankle to maintain leg alignment. It will give you optimal balance & stability to the foot during dancing.
- Weighs 5 Ounces
- Pure Polyester body
- Leather bottom outsole
- Heel height measure 2.5.”
- Cushioned insole for extra foot comfort
- Crisscross straps at forefoot and toe area
- Adjustable buckle for good ankle support
- Multiple interwoven forefoot straps provide support
Joo care Women Cross Strap Latin Ballroom Character Dance Shoes is a good choice for dance lovers. It is feature-loaded footwear with a leather outsole. Hence, you can enjoy greater comfort & durability during your performance.
It is among the few best ballroom dance shoes, having anti-slipper heels. Thus, keeping your rear foot off the ground and protecting it from hard ground striking. Moreover, the shoe contains foamy layers of soft cushioning, therefore safeguarding your feet from high impact hitting while performing.
Furthermore, a flexible zig-zag strap holds the foot in the right direction & angle while dancing. On the inside, it contains a moisture-wicking lining to absorb away all the sweat and moisture. Hence, this will keep your foot healthy & smell will not develop in the shoe space. Consequently, all their characteristics make these sandals the best ballroom dance shoes.
- Weighs 11.36 Ounces
- Leather bottom sole
- Available in black color only
- Size ranges from 5.5 till 11 widths
- Nonslip heel height measures 2.5 inches
- Cushioned insole for extra footbed comfort
- Features a classic design, supple leather vamp, and suede sole
- Adjustable Crisscrossing strap over vamp for enhanced foot fitting
- Lined with moisture-absorbing brushed material to suck the sweat
- Best fit for theater, actors, dance students, Latin, salsa, tango, ballroom dancing.
Buying Guide–Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Ballroom Dance Shoes
Following are the main factors to bear in mind before purchasing ballroom dance shoes:
Shoe Sizing & Fitting:
Buy shoes half a size smaller than your standard street size; hence it will give snug-fitting to your foot. Thus, a tighter grip will provide more touch of the foot in the shoe space. It is a fact that initially, you might not feel comfortable in this size. However, the outer body of the heel loosens after long hours of dance practice. Consequently, choosing the best ballroom shoes with the right width is an important task.
Height of the Heel:
Generally, Latin ballroom shoes have 2-3.5 inches heel height. Hence, it gives an aesthetic & appealing outer look to the footwear. Moreover, it provides good elevation & ankle support. Professionals should go for higher slim heels while beginners must use ½ or 1-inch heels. It helps your feet to glide smoothly while propelling forward.
Sole & Outer body Material:
The best ballroom shoes have either premium quality leather or leather suede-based soles. Such material in the outsole helps provide fast-spinning, easy turns & pivoting balance to the footwear. The outer leather body gives durability & attraction to the outer look of the heel.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q) What makes a good ballroom dance shoe?
Nonslip suede soles offer maximum grip and smooth sliding properties on the floor.
Q) What is the purpose of wearing the right ballroom shoes?
The right ballroom shoes provide comfort, stamina, and flexibility to execute complex dance moves.
Q) Are ballroom dancing shoes comfortable?
Yes, the dancing shoes are comfy so that both the professionals & hobbyists can wear them every day for prolonged use.
Q) Why do ballroom dancers wear leather-soled shoes?
Since leather-soled shoes have less traction, hence it can slide & glide easily on wood floors.
For Related Article Click on :: Capezio Dance Shoes